- Punjab Quran Board
- The Punjab Institute of Quran & Seerat Studies
- Ittehad Bain ul Muslimeen (IBM) Committee
- Muthida Ulema Board
- Ensure error free printing and publication or recording of Holy Quran and shall, subject to the directions of the Government, supervise the work of error-free printing and publication or recording of the Holy Quran
- Disposal of damaged or Shaheed copy of the Holy Quran and other papers containing sacred printed material including electronic digital devices
- Establishment of Quran Mahals
- Free distribution of the Holy Quran on the basis of criteria and quantity devised by the Quran Board
Status of the Board
Chief Minister Punjab has given the status of “Special Institution” to the Punjab Quran Board on 02.06.2016.
In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (1) of the Section 3 of the Punjab Institute of Quran Seerat Studies Act, 2014 (Act xxix of 2014), Punjab Institute of Quran Seerat Studies was established on 19.12.2014. The Board of Directors of the institute was notified on 18.01.2016. Punjab Institute of Quran Seerat Studies is an Autonomous Body of Government of Punjab under Auqaf & Religious Affairs Department. Chief Minister, Punjab is the Chairperson of the Board and Minister of Auqaf & Religious Affairs is the vice Chairperson-I of the Board.
Enlisted below are the prime functions of the institute:
- Conduct research on Quran and Sunnah to find out workable solutions of the problems being faced by the present day society
- Publish research reports, research journals and such other publications for the promotion and spread of knowledge of Islam
- Establish Quran museum and a state of the art modern Islamic library
- Hold national and international seminars and conferences relating to the Qura’n and Seerat-ul-Nabi
- Provide instruction, training, research, demonstration and services in the fields of Qura’n Qirrat (Tajveed-ul-Quran) and Sunnah
- Perform academic functions to achieve its objectives
- Prescribe criteria of admission, migration and examination of students
- Admit students and conduct examinations in the prescribed manner
- Select, appoint and promote academic and administrative staff
- Frame and prescribe courses of study
- Provide for research and printing and publication of research and other works
- Make provisions for research, consultancy and advisory services
- Enter into arrangements with other institutions or with public bodies
- Affiliate or associate itself with a university or any other local or foreign institution and establish facilities for the effective discharge of its functions and responsibilities
- Perform any other function which is incidental to the above functions or as maybe required to promote the objectives of the Institute as a place of education, learning and research
Ittehad Bain-ul-Muslimeen Committee (IBM) Punjab was established in 1993 in pursuance of approval of the Chief Minister, Punjab. The existing Committee has been re-constituted on 21.12.2018 for a term of three years headed by Minister for Auqaf & Religious Affairs, representing Ulemas of all sects including women representation for the first time, for maintaining religious harmony among all sects of Muslims.
The main objective of the Committee is to create peace and harmony amongst all sects of Muslims and to coordinate with local administration for religious harmony during special Islamic occasion / festivals.
During the month of Muharram-ul-Haraam, special meeting of IBM Committee is convened and the members are requested to make all out endeavours in their respective areas to create peace and harmony amongst all walks of life. Muharram delegations are also sent across the Punjab before commencement of the Holy Month. These delegations, travel cross the Punjab and have meetings with local Ulema and administration and convince them to avoid hate speeches and such like other material which may ignite public hype.
Muthida Ulema Board has been established since 1997 in pursuance of the approval of Chief Minister, Punjab, comprising 25 members including Ulema representatives from all sects of Muslims to recommend steps for removal of irritants among various sects; and, interalia, to look into issues of objectionable literature. The Board was extended from time to time. The existing Board has been re-constituted on 19.02.2019 for a term of three years with the representation of Ulema of all sects including women. Hafiz Muhammad Tahir Mahmood Ashrafi is the Chairman of the Board.