The Sunehri Mosque (Urdu: سنہری مسجد , or Golden Mosque), is a late Mughal architecture-era mosque in the Walled City of Lahore province of Punjab. It is located in the Kashmiri Bazaar of the Walled City of Lahore, next to Masjid Wazir Khan, Lahore.
The Sunehri Mosque was built in 1753 A.D when the Mughal empire was in decline. The architect of the mosque was Nawab Behkari Khan, Deputy Governor of Lahore during the reign of Muhammad Shah.
During Sikh rule, the function of the mosque was seized by Sikh rulers and converted into a gurdwara. It was restored in the late 1820 A.D after Fakir Azizuddin persuaded Ranjit Singh to transfer ownership back to the Muslim community. The Muslim community was required to reduce the volume of the call to prayer, and forfeited rent from the leasing of shops.
The mosque was built on a plinth elevated 11 feet from the bazaars surface with shops occupying the ground floor beneath the mosque. The shop-rents were used to pay for mosque's upkeep. The architectural style of the mosque reflects influences of Sikh architecture from nearby Amritsar.
The staircase in front of the mosque has 16 steps, and opens up to a small irregular shape courtyard measuring 65 feet by 43 feet. An ablution tank is in the centre of this courtyard. The prayer chamber measures 40 feet long, and 16 feet wide. The mosque has a gateway, which measures 21.3 metres in length and a courtyard that measures 161.5 by 160.6 metres (530 ft × 527 ft). The marble domes cover prayer chambers. Four lofty minarets stand at the four corners of the mosque's prayer hall, each with an outer circumference of 20 metres (66 ft), soaring up to 54 metres (177 ft).